Author Topic: Heliocentric Astrology  (Read 11044 times)

Offline Isaac Starkman

Heliocentric Astrology
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »
For many years I have found out that adding the heliocentric positions to the geo chart cast a sharper perspective on the destiny and character of the native. Mixing both systems into the same horoscope appears to be the most efficient method of utilizing the information available. 
Here are some examples, all the charts from the recent Vocational Exercises:
1. Jane Austen (23.51.52 UT)
Helio Mercury conjunct Moon, exactly trine Jupiter (both geo and helio) and 90 Mars. Mercury exactly 60 helio Mars, quite appropriate to her style of writing. Helio Venus exactly 180 Pluto – she never married.
2. Sean Penn (15.15.32 PDT)
Helio Venus, ruler of MC, EXACTLY on MC, 90 helio Jupiter, 60 Moon. Helio Mercury 180 Jupiter orb 6'!
3. Julie Andrew (5.46.00 BST)
Helio Venus exactly 60 MC. Helio Mercury 60 Mars.
4. Larry King (10.38.40 EST)
Helio Mercury in Gemini 120 helio Jupiter. Mercury 60 helio Mars. Helio Venus 90 Venus- "over activation" of Venus and in most cases indicates for difficulties in marriage life-he was married 7 times! Helio Mars rising 180 helio Pluto in 7th house surly appropriate to his character.
5. Newt Gingrich (not rectified)
Helio Mercury 60 Moon, 60 Mars. Helio Mars 90 Mercury. Helio Venus in Scorpio exactly 90 Pluto and 90 Venus- he admitted he had an extramarital affair.
6. Dean Stockwell (21.34.56 PST)
Helio Mercury conjunct helio Jupiter both trine MC. Helio Venus exactly 60 Asc and 120 Uranus,
7. Nick Kollestrom (not rectified)
Helio Mercury exactly on Asc.
8. Ingrid Bergman (02.58.16 CET)
Helio Venus rising exactly 120 MC and Moon! Helio Mercury 180 MC and Moon.
9. Zubin Mehta (21.21.05 UT)
Helio Jupiter, ruler of MC, conjunct MC. Helio Mercury conjunct Moon, exactly 120 MC and Jupiter. Mercury conjunct helio Mars. To my opinion Mercury/Mars aspect could indicate a perfect pitch.
10. Herbert Von Karajan (21.16.08 UT)
Helio Venus conjunct helio Jupiter 120 Sun and 60 Moon. Helio Mercury,ruler of MC, 120 MC.
Adding the heliocentric positions increase our number of "hits" and reduce our number of "misses".

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:42:42 PM by Isaac Starkman »

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Re: Heliocentric Astrology
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »
Hello Isaac,

Great ideas!

What kind of orbs can we use?

I'd like to add one, though not from the vocational exercises.  Maybe you can cast some light on it?

11. Birthdata Scientist (11:38:45 PM UT, Dec 15, 1950, Tel-Aviv)
Helio Mercury tightly opposite Saturn.

Peace

OD'd
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:52:44 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »
Isaac,

I agree that the heliocentric positions, when added to a geocentric horoscope add a lot of information that can't be found elsewhere.  I was using them quite often in the 1980s based on the strength of work by T. Patrick Davis, Edith Custer and the Helio SIG of NCGR.  Purists dislike the mixing of the heliocentric and geocentric positions, but I can agree to it because they share the common bond of the tropical zodiac.  Seeing the geocentric and heliocentric placements together in a wheel looks not unlike a hologram to me.  However, I cannot accept mixing the tropical and sidereal zodiacs, but I digress.  I have found that the heliocentric placements are especially telling in the issue of synastry.  Still another thing about heliocentric astrology is that the heliocentric planets have essentially the same meanings as their geocentric equivalents.  Anyone can use them without having to relearn everything as the use of asteroids would require.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Glaucus

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »

I see nothing wrong with it.

I use the heliocentric nodes of objects in geocentric chart.    That's what Grant Lewi, Carl Payne Tobey did.  Dane Rudhyar also used them. Robert Blaschke,Diana Rosenberg also do the same thing.  Cosmobiology Pamela Rowe also used the same technique.

Raymond

Offline Ray Murphy

• Nukkin.com.au
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »
Heliocentric longitudes in charts may turn out to help prove astrology because of graphs
like this - not for what Helio produces, but for what it doesn't, when compared with Geo:

Here are 2 graphs which show the angular separations between tMAR and my nMAR for my
"locked" batch of event dates. Those event dates were locked up for research in the early
1990's to prevent cherry picking - so I had no idea that they would produce this graph.

These polar graphs are what I call "mirrored and equalized" and I've explained elsewhere
what that means, but those divisions you see in the graph show the angular separations
between tMAR and nMAR (in batches) in each 'wedge' of the circle - starting from the
conjunction on the left, and ending at the Opposition on the right. The top half of the
graph is just a mirror image.

Ray

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:38:31 PM by Ray Murphy »

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
Hello Isaac,

Great ideas!

What kind of orbs can we use?

I'd like to add one, though not from the vocational exercises.  Maybe you can cast some light on it?

11. Birthdata Scientist (11:38:45 UT, Dec 15, 1950, Tel-Aviv)
Helio Mercury tightly opposite Saturn.

Peace

OD'd

Don't confuse me OD'd…
Since you mention my data (the birth time should be 23.38.45 UT Asc 20Lib06') in my case, as it is quite often happen, the significant aspects are in the epoch and not in the radix. In my epoch, helio Mercury exactly trine helio Uranus.
The orbs should be the same as for the geo aspects:

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
Hello Isaac,

Re: Don't confuse me OD'd...

Hey, I sometimes confuse myself!   ;)

From my Helio-Geo Radix chart, I mainly see the Helio Mercury opposite Pluto.  (Deep thought?  Probing a mystery?  Communicative control?)  It seems, perhaps, an echo of natal Pluto opposite Jupiter.

You mentioned the Helio-Geo as applied to the Epoch, which I hadn't yet considered.

That opens up a ton of aspects.  It will take a bit to "consider" the meaning of these...   The Epoch Helio Saturn opposite Epoch Helio Venus would seem to be quite problematic for relationships.  The Epoch Helio Jupiter trine to Epoch Sun seems very positive and an echo of my Radix Jupiter-Sun trine.

Do you consider dynamic movement to helio positions?

Peace

OD'd
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Lura

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »
Isaac,

Strong vibes here as well.  This Ascendant seems to resonate with a recent Ascendant find of mine, relating to Academia.

Indigo children, I have learned, have been responding to a certain entity lately, which is unusual, for "normally outer planets are a deaf note for children."  [I'll try and find this article]

This entity is synonymous with significant achievement, but more of a practical day-to-day nature than Quaor.

Before it was named, it was simply 2005 FY9.

I hope this keeps your studies and flow going.

Offline Glaucus

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »
"Indigo children, I have learned, have been responding to a certain entity lately, which is unusual, for "normally outer planets are a deaf note for children."  [I'll try and find this article]

This entity is synonymous with significant achievement, but more of a practical day-to-day nature than Quaor.

Before it was named, it was simply 2005 FY9."

You referring to transneptunian dwarf planet,Makemake

I can relate to the Indigo,Crystal stuff myself.  As a little child,more with the Crystal stuff.      I strongly believe that people that can relate to the Indigo,Crystal traits are strong in transneptunian energies.    I think that the people with genetic neurodivergence can be the Indigo,Crystal types.    The people with acquired neurodivergence from causes like glue ear, vitamin/mineral deficiences, fetal alcohol syndrome,heavy metal poisoning can be the ones that have problems , and that people loop those people together with people that have genetic neurodivergence  and think that they are the same. 

I am very strong in transneptunian energies myself.

as for Quaoar,    I have Moon trine Sun-Ixion-Quaoar conjunction.
Sun conjunct Quaoar with 2'58 orb,Moon trine Quaoar with 49 minutes of arc
in Right Ascension, Sun conjunct Quaoar with 1'46 orb

as for Makemake,  I have Mercury square Makemake with 2'01 orb
in Right Ascension, I have Mars oppose Makemake with 59 minutes of arc, involved in a t-square with Neptune. 

I was told that my life purpose was to help the Indigo,Crystal types.   I was told that by two separate readers.  A Doreen Virtue Angel Reader was the last one that told me. She showed me the Metatron: Indigo,Crystal Children card at the beginning of the reading, but I was skeptical because she already knew about my neurodiversity advocacy.  The same card came up as the middle of the card when she shuffled the cards and randomly selected 3 cards from the Archangel deck,and so I lost my skepticism.    I got myself 3 angel card decks. The very first card that I pulled out of the decks was the Metatron: Indigo,Crystal Children card!   I knew that it was a major sign for me to concentrate on helping the Indigo,Crystal children.
I am going to create a nonprofit developmental neurodiversity association to help those people.  I understand these things from my own personal experiences as a genetic neurodivergent that can relate to the Indigo,Crystal stuff.

I don't believe that Indigo,Crystal childen apply to just a certain generation. It's not like most children are having problems in school and being put into special education programs like I was  in the 1970's.     I believe that Indigo,Crystal types have been in every generation.   I think that these New Agers come up with the concept of Indigo,Crystal children with the possible notion that neurodivergents are just handicapped and dismiss that they have any strengths. They try to separate those from gifted types that they think might be misdiagnosed as having neurodivergent conditions like Dyslexia,Dyspraxia,ADHD,Autistic Spectrum which overlap in symptoms/traits. Co-morbidity seems to be a rule and not an exception with neurodivergent conditions. Twice Exceptional is a term in the special education field for neurodivergents that are gifted.    Also rises in neurodivergent diagnoses can also be accounted for by more awareness and understanding of neurodivergent conditions. Many neurodivergents have been overlooked, misdiagnosed as mentally retarded, labeled "stupid","lazy","troublemaker",and other things. Many misdiagnosed as having psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia,bipolar.  Autism was once thought to be a form of schizophrenia. The symptoms of neurodivergence and schizophrenia overlap.  Half of schizophrenics have a history of developmental delays (language,motor skills delays) which fit with neurodivergence.   It can be very difficult to differentiate a neurodivergent's chart from a schizophrenic's chart.  It's possible that a schizophrenic could be metaphysically oriented but have serious problems with psychic boundaries , and he could also be misdiagnosed by psychiatrists that are skeptical of metaphysical things.  There are are so many ways to look at this,  just like there are so many ways to look at an astrological chart.

also the DRD4 7R gene linked to novelty seeking is to be connected to half of ADHDers, and it's an advantageous gene that helped humans thrive and survive. It's dated betweek 10,000 and 40,000 years ago.  Thom Hartmann calls it the Edison Gene, and he wrote a book about it
https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2002-06/your-caveman-gramps-had-ants-his-pants
http://www.thomhartmann.com/2007/11/08/the-edison-gene/
http://innerself.com/Parenting/hartmann_2135.htm

I have blog entry about
the book,  The Care and Feeding of The Indigo Children by Doreen Virtue.   I was pointing out how Indigo,Crystal could be New Age terms for Neurodivergence:
http://people.tribe.net/4b0cf8c4-1fc3-4171-92d3-b0915985bf95/blog/cfba5fe9-246d-4845-aee1-23890b5ad04a

Here is a link about strengths of neurodivergences, and I believe that is only applies to people with a genetic neurodivergence.  an acquired Dyslexia from glue ear is not the same as genetic dyslexia that involves strong right hemisphere processes that interferes with left hemisphere processes
http://people.tribe.net/4b0cf8c4-1fc3-4171-92d3-b0915985bf95/blog/fc67cccf-5577-446f-98be-4672bc9fdf0e

Here is a link of an astrological post -  Neurodivergence from the Neurodivergent perspective:
http://tribes.tribe.net/neurodivergence/thread/c07da1b6-129d-4ff2-a613-3a05b4f58c4e

Both Kenneth Edgeworth in 1949 and Gerard Kuiper in 1951 proposed the existence of a transneptunian disk of objects, sometimes called the Edgeworth-Kuiper belt.
http://www.planetary.org/explore/topics/our_solar_system/trans_neptunian_objects/1992qb1.html

90482 Orcus is a large Kuiper Belt object (KBO) with a large companion and is likely a dwarf planet. The discovery images of this object were acquired on February 17, 2004 by Michael Brown of Caltech, Chad Trujillo of the Gemini Observatory, and David Rabinowitz of Yale University. Precovery images as early as November 8, 1951 were later identified.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90482_Orcus

Precovery images of Orcus were the same year as Gerard Kuiper's proposal of of the existence of transneptunian objects.   It's like Kuiper picked up on the transneptunians' energies including Orcus.

Chiron was discovered  on November 1, 1977.

Pluto's Moon, Charon was discovered on June 22, 1978. 
ADHD in adults was first recognized the same year.   I was misplaced in special education classroom with the mentally retarded in 1st grade in 1977.  I was placed in an appropriate special education classroom for people with learning differences when I was in 2nd grade in 1978.

Pluto-Charon is actually a binary dwarf planet system

"Adult ADHD

It was not until the 1970s that researchers began to realize that what we today know as ADHD did not always go away during a person's teen years. It was during that decade that it was also noticed that some ADHD symptoms were identified in the parents of children undergoing ADHD treatment. In 1978 ADHD was formally recognized as a condition that also afflicts adults, and the term Adult ADD began - the 'H' of ADHD was dropped because it seemed the adults were not as hyperactive as children. "
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/adhd/whatisadhd.php

Special education programs in the United States were made mandatory in 1975 when the United States Congress passed the Education for All Handicapped Children Act (EHA) in response to discriminatory treatment by public educational agencies against students with disabilities. The EHA was later modified to strengthen protections to people with disabilities and renamed the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The federal laws require states to provide special education consistent with federal standards as a condition of receiving federal funds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_education_in_the_United_States

That was just 2-3 years before the discoveries of Chiron and Charon.

It was after the Discovery of Pluto in Feb 18, 1930,   that social construct labels for neurodivergence began to exist

1992 was the year that the 2nd centaur was discovered, and that was Pholus.  It was also the same year the 2nd transneptunian was discovered, and that's 1992 QB1. Cubewano is based on that object. That's a term reserved for classical kuiper belt objects. 

That corresponded with skyrocketing increase of children on psychiatric medications.

I joined the navy Summer of 1991, and I was on my first ship in 1992.

The discoveries of the big kuiper belt objects starting in 2000 corresponded with  The George W. Bush administration which was responsible for the  No Child Left Behind Act which is very detrimental for people with learning differences/special education needs. GWB also exhibited some Dyslexic traits like word retrieval problems in his speech, His brother,Neil Bush is a diagnosed Dyslexic too. 

Research that revealed the true nature of Autistic intelligence (that even many nonverbal autistics are highly intelligent shown by Visual problem solving intelligence tests called Matrice Raven)  also occurred during  the discoveries of the big transneptunian objects. 
http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=13155

Developmental Adult Neuro-Diversity DANDA was founded in the United Kingdom in 2003 which was the same year that transneptunian,hypothesized Oort Cloud object, Sedna was discovered. 
http://www.danda.org.uk/

Dyspraxia USA (the very first National Dyspraxia organization) was founded by Warren Fried in 2006. That is just 1 year after the discoveries of the transneptunian dwarf planets,  Eris and Makemake.  It is the same year that the new dwarf planet classification,Pluto's demotion,Ceres' promotion,and the naming of Eris.  I know Warren from yahoo Dyspraxia group. He first conceived of the idea of Dyspraxia USA in 2005 ,and so the same year as Eris and Makemake were discovered.  Dwarf planet,Haumea was discovered around the end of December 2004. That was less than a month before the discovery of Eris on January 5, 2005.
http://www.dyspraxiausa.org/

It's like the awareness of the transneptunians correlated with more awareness,understanding of neurodivergent conditions.

Here is list of dwarf planet candidates: all are transneptunians except for Vesta which is an asteroid.  The vast majority of these objects were discovered in 2000's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dwarf_planet_candidates#Candidates

Raymond

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:57:31 AM by Glaucus »