Author Topic: Determining outcomes of solar arc activity of Pluto and Saturn  (Read 16945 times)

Offline Robineli

Determining outcomes of solar arc activity of Pluto and Saturn
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »
In solar arcs, both Pluto and Saturn have the distinction of being difficult taskmasters, with the potential for rather painful destructive periods.

In narrowing down a possible outcome for solar arcs between the two planets arcing to each other's natal positions, do you say "planet x, ruler of x house, arcing to planet y, ruler of y house, is applying x house energy to planet y" or do the two houses combine energy?

Here's the case: two years prior, a client is involved in a car accident, which injures his back (already weakened by scoliosis).  In this instance, Solar arc Saturn is in the first (natally and during the arc), ruling third house, arcing to Pluto (natally in twelfth), ruler of first house.  Third house ruling cars, first house ruling the body, Pluto's natal position in the twelfth representing an undermining of physical health.

The question is, does an approaching Solar arc of Pluto to Saturn suggest more of the same, as SA Pluto is traveling through the first house?  Another back-wrecking car accident?

Do we read this as: the first example is the third house incident happens to the first house ruler - a car will injure the body - and in the second upcoming example, the first house incident happens to the third house ruler - the person/body/personality will work hard at third house matters?  It may be important to note this native works as a computer programmer (third house reference) and several projects have a possibility of coming due simultaneously.

If different houses are used, say twelfth and second, it's easy to see that the twelfth house ruler arcing to the second house would be potentially devastating to the native's finances and personal belongings.  But what if the second house ruler is arcing to the twelfth house ruler?  Is it the same?

Robert

amymaddalozzo

Re: Determining outcomes of solar arc activity of Pluto and Saturn
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »
I had SA pluto=saturn years ago--in the early 1980"s.  Natal saturn is in my 9th house  It was simply a  period of hard work.  I was working full time and going for my M.B.A. at night.  Not terrible, just work

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
When Saturn arced to Pluto-Node I had my first grandchild, who had Saturn rising in the opposite degree in his natal chart.   I also moved to Sydney and had to find a home and work.  I got a job in an industrial area and though I didn't plan to stay long, became friends with my employer so stayed for about 2 years.

At that time I was involved in Iyengar Yoga and was very good at it.  Definitely hard work but most fulfilling.

Alice McDermott

Offline Robineli

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:01:54 AM »
Alice,

May I ask what houses were involved?

Robert

mb

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:02:02 AM »
Hello Robert,
I am presently in the middle of Pluto=Saturn (sesquiquadrate aspect) Saturn(7th ruler) is in the 8th and Pluto(5th ruler) is in the
2nd house. It all started with the August 1st Solar Eclipse which was opposite my Moon (7th house) as the trigger. My husband lost his job on Sept 2nd, 08 and then I had to take up a job and he found a job and started on Jan 3rd and so I had to quit. We will soon be moving. We are trying to rent our house out. And me and husband are having problems and so on.......Thats my Pluto=Saturn story so far :)
Regards
mb

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »
Alice,

May I ask what houses were involved?

Robert

Pluto-Node 7th house.  Saturn 6th house.

Alice

Offline Allanah

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
BTW  ----   Pluto with Saturn removes old relationships to make way for the new.  Relationships which you have outgrown
seem to leave you at this time.   Pluto Saturn does bring hard work to some and to others it seems to  be a time when retirement
from work comes about.  When Saturn aspected my Pluto , I left a good job but quickly found a more suitable one. When Pluto
opposed My Saturn two people in m life died.  Regards, Allanah

Offline Allanah

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Robert, sorry I havent answered your post in detail because without the birth data it is difficult to really understand what is happening in the chart.  From the limited information you have given, I would say no, the upcoming  event  will not be the same as the first.
You might need to get a couple of good text books and work your way through the natal and progressed charts.  I would help you find the answers but it is a very lengthy process . If you are desparatly worried, post the birth data and you might get some feedback.
regards, Allanah

Offline Robineli

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 04:52:05 AM »
Eric, Alice, all...

Thank you for the information.  I'm afraid my questions are still there.  I'll watch the young man with interest in the upcoming months to see if he has the same harmful outcome.  I can't answer from my experience because this arc occurred when I was 9 years of age and have no memory of a particularly outstanding event - I have always lived on a Pluto line and have continuously experienced abuse, drama, and crossroads styled events - nothing stands out.

I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
Robert

Offline Allanah

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
Hi Eric,  are you saying that Pluto moving into a new sign ie in this case Capricorn , has no No impact at all??
I have found that the outer planets changing signs ( or houses ) does produce an impact on world events and also in personal charts. 
 I did not actually specify one specific moment in time .  Regards, Allanah

Offline Allanah

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »
Hello Eric and thanks for the reply.  I have no skill using mudane astrology, my answer to Robert was in relation to a birth chart he was discussing.     At the same time having read your last post, I will look at the mundane chart for Pluto in Capricorn,  and note the other planets and their movement.  Perhaps  you might be willing to discuss your thoughts on those other 4 planets.  Regards, Allanah   

Offline Allanah

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 09:20:44 AM »
Hi Eric, my thoughts are as follows ---  I believe that Pluto's entry into Capricorn did and will continue to have a significant impact on world events and in fact on personal charts.  I know many astrologers believe that the outer planets do not effect natal charts but I disagree with this.
When Pluto entered Capricorn there were notable world events happened , that coincided with my expectations . My understanding of what you are saying is that Pluto in Capricorn will have little impact (judging from the ingress chart of Nov 26, 2008 ). I drew up a chart using Solar Fire and  Australia . Date Nov. 28th 2008 . Time - 6:29:30 gave me Pluto just moving into Capricorn and an Asc also minutes into Capricorn. So Pluto on the Asc .  The 4 planets you mention are now in the 12th house with the Saturn Uranus opposition on the MC IC angles. 
This chart may be useless for prediction ( I'm not sure, ) but it certainly looks ominous to me . Thanks for your time.  Allanah