Author Topic: Astrology of beauty & good looks  (Read 89990 times)

Offline Trish488

Re: Astrology of beauty & good looks
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
I've always read and observed that like others mentioned a very prominant Venus contributes to having a very attractive appearance.  I've also read that coupled with Uranus - it can be quite striking also.  Consider Angelina Jolie who Has Venus in partile conjunction with her Cancer ASC and exatly square Uranus.  Liz Taylor also has a Venus-Uranus aspect (conjunction) and (I believe) Libra Rising.

Venus Prominance:

Venus on an angle or closely aspect one(particularly hard aspects)
Venus on AP (perhaps)
Venus conjunct Sun (Classic aspect)

Offline Monica Mandar

• Monica Mandar Astrology
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »
Thank you Ana, the twins are doing fine.

I posted a reply to you earlier, but I changed the subject to "Ana'. Don't know what happened to that message, so I am posting again.

As always, you have started a very interesting thread here. I look forward to more such topics with your keen observations.

Best Wishes,

Monica Mandar

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 06:06:56 PM »
Hello to all. Interesting topic - I'm sure there are many approaches and answers to this question. However - I quickly looked at the horoscopes for three very beautiful female clients I have -- they all have planets sitting right on the Asc.

One has Taurus rising with Sun-Mercury conjunct from the 12th. This one also has peregrine Moon in Libra.

Another has Sagittarius Asc with AP Uranus-Saturn conjunct in the 1st. The third person has Gemini Asc with Mars exactly conjunct.

I'm good friends with all these women - they have the kind of beauty that causes people to stop and stare.

I think the Asc plays a part in beauty - but isn't the whole answer. Thanks for bringing it up.

Kathy Rose
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Grace BK

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »
Hi Ana, Noel et al

This is my first time using the new look website, it is certainly a "good look".

The astrology of beauty is a most interesting subject and one that would take time to extensively research.

In saying that I have made a some observations which  may be helpful:

Venus, mythologically is the Goddess of beauty and with this in mind I went back through my files to see how prominent the placement of Venus is in the horoscope.

I noted the frequency of:
Venus conj, sq, opposing the Asc ie: physical body
Venus in 1st house
Venus conj Uranus - something unusual, startling (Uranus) in terms of beauty
Asc or MC in signs ruled by Venus
Venus in sign of rulership

A couple of examples:

Striking actress Katie Holmes: Venus conj Uranus op M.C (Taurus) and (wide 8 deg) sq Asc. Leo

The stunning Elizabeth Taylor: Venus conj Uranus trine Asc op MC Libra

Grace Kelly: Venus Libra conj Asc from 12th.

Another woman of beauty, the late Princess Diana: Venus in Taurus, tightly quincunx M.C.

One is left to ponder does the Venus factor apply to Men? Do we consider the placement of Mars in this instance. I had a quick look at a very obvious and well known man of stature:

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Venus in first house trine M.C - certainly his "good looks" made an impression on the world via his movies and world body building titles and was inextricably tied into his career.

I also pondered as I was concluding this post, why I was so interested in this particular thread.....could it be my Libran Asc, with ruler Venus trine Asc.

Good wishes

Grace
"Astrology With Grace"

Offline Ana from Portugal

• Your Planets, My Sky
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 01:07:01 AM »
Dear Ladies, Monica, Kathy and Grace,

Thanks so much for your replies.

Monica, the admiration is mutual - I always read your vocational exercises and your answers to other posts with great interest. Great that the twins are doing fine and their Mom also. Hope the "nasty" transits are gone by now.

Kathy - GREAT and I mean GREAT (photo et all) to see you. This is a fantastic feature. Thanks for your examples. We are beyond doubt that Venus plays a prominent role in the signature of beauty.

Grace, thanks for stepping in. I liked your reply very much. Maybe your Libra Ascendant resonates strongly with my angular Libra Sun and Venus... and I agree with you, it most definitely applies to men also.

I wonder about George Clooney??? (Just kidding)! I have to check his chart.

Thanks all of you for participating and for contributing with such good examples.

Best,

Ana

• Your Planets, My Sky
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 12:59:06 AM »
Dear Colleagues,

Can you believe? I checked GHeorge Clooney's chart just for the fun of it and in fact he has the Sun in Taurus in the second House. So we see here, again, the prominence of Venus and involvement of the second House, which, I consider, can tell us also a lot about the person's appearance and self-worth (and, in fact, the man KNOWS he's handsome), complementing the Ascendant and the first House.

Best,

Ana

Offline Helen Erskine-Behr

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 03:12:13 AM »
Hi Ana and All,

I've a 79 year old female friend who is the most naturally stylish and beautiful woman I've ever met! She is a Virgo Sun with Taurus Rising with her Venus in Leo in the 3rd house. (Interesting how many people have mentioned Venus in Leo in the previous posts).

My youngest son has Venus-Mars conjunction in Scorpio and he is constantly told by complete strangers how gorgeous he is, and he laps it up! I think strong Venus-Mars or Venus-Pluto or Mars-Neptune or Pluto can add  strong charisma and sexuality.

I've noticed that often people with Venus-Sun or Venus-Ascendant aspects can have an obvious outer beauty.

Helen Erskine-Behr

• Your Planets, My Sky
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 04:23:11 AM »
Dear Helen,

You are absolutely right, and I do agree with you about Venus in Leo. My Mother has Venus in Leo and she roars! She was a stunningly beautiful woman, very tall and slim (especially for her generation). The reverse side of the coin is that these people know they have the looks and they show it!!!

Again, I do agree with you fully on Venus-mars contacts, it does give these people a stunning sex-appeal (all respect for your son). People are drawn towards them but don't know exactly why. You mention Venus-mars in Scorpio... the clients I have with Mars in Scorpio do display a strong sexuality or sexual desire that is very much perceivable to others.

Thanks for stepping in with such good and vivid examples.~

Best,

Ana

Offline VenusLady

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
Hi Ana,

Stepping in with my contributions! ;-)

I've been told by many that I'm beautiful (though personally I think I just know how to work a little makeup ;-)  I think my beauty isn't the classic kind though... refined bone structure, that sort of thing (that's typical of prominent Saturn placement.. esp in 1st house!) I have Sun in Libra, Venus in 1st (though in all fairness it's practically conjunct the 2nd house) and Uranus smack on my ASC. I also have Pluto in 1st house and a lot of planets in Scorpio... sexy magnetism is probably what comes across more so than "classic beauty". I could never in a million years be a model - My facial features are not chiseled at all... very round though my body is slim and athletic with typical Venusian softness & roundness (think Kate Winslet). Leo rising... small waist and nice butt! LOL  When I'm wearing makeup and nicely dressed, I turn many men's heads. I think it's Uranus at work more so than anything else.. I've also been described as "soft and feminine" (when I want to be that is..)

My niece is gorgeous (model material). A true beauty. She has Libra rising, Venus conj MC squaring Sat-ASC conjunction. Methinks Sat on the ASC is what gives her such great bone structure (after all Sat rules bones) and Venus accentuates the beauty.

My brother, although not the drop-dead gorgeous kind, is extremely good looking and looks at least 15 yrs younger than his real age. He has Venus in Taurus (in 3rd house - does not aspect the angles) and it sextiles the Moon. He's very soft-spoken and gentle but comes across as cold and corporate to all who don't know him (Capricorn rising).

Another man I know (who I think is the sexiest man alive.. but that's beside the point ;-) has Taurus rising with Venus in 12th inconj Neptune. He's very rugged looking... (gorgeous athletic body) and has charm oozing out of his pores. Again, not a "classic beauty" like some men you see - but the charm is disarming... Moon in Libra widely opposes Venus (8deg orb).

Have known several men with Ven trine Moon who again were not good looking per se... but they have incredible charm! Yowza. Like a magic spell! ;-)

Yet another man I know.. who is considered VERY good looking by most people who've seen him has Ven-Mars conj in 10th house squaring the ASC. Uranus in 1st house but doesn't aspect ASC. Unfortunately he's a bit self-obsessed...

A woman I know who is a professional model (in her 50s) has Sun-Ven-SNode conj in Taurus trining Jup. I don't know her time of birth, so I don't know if the angles are involved. She has dimples - so she may have Libra rising as this is often a Libra thing (I have a small dimple in my chin).

Another very beautiful woman I know has Venus in 11th in Aqu sextiling ASC (in Aries). No planets in Tau or Libra though. But with her 7th house ruler (Libra) sextiling the ASC,  she has never had trouble finding partners. Like bees to honey.

Yet another man I knew once has Sun-Ven conj (in Virgo) and widely conj the 4th house cusp (no aspect to the ASC). VERY good looking! Cancer rising, Moon in 3rd conj Pluto sext the ASC. Pluto may have had something to do with his "sexiness".

One guy I had a crush on in college was a Taurus. He had an earthy ruggedness about him.

Lastly, another man I knew who is also extremely good looking has Sun-Ven conj in Capricorn in 9th house trining a Taurus ASC.

Then you can go through all the charts of movie stars and see if you find prominent Venuses. My guess is you will find lots of Ven-Ura and Ven-Plu aspects - as these represent magnetism, power and money - all of which they have if they're movie stars. Elevated Neptune (often in 10th) will charm the public, so that's something to look for too. But charm and beauty don't necessarily go together - so that's perhaps another topic!

So in summary what I see is Venus is prominent somewhere in the chart... whether it's the planet itself or planets/angles in a sign ruled by Venus. That said, I have known many Librans and not all of them are good looking or even charming for that matter. Some are. Some aren't. I think there are so many factors involved that you can't generalize.

Hope this helps!

Offline James Williams

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »
In Vedic astrology, the 1st House has been referred to as one's personal appearance, face, and head.  The 2nd House has been referred to as one's face, mouth, tongue, neck, throat, jewelry, and dress.  The 8th House has been referred to as sexual strength, which includes sexual attractiveness (however, it is not the house of sexual pleasure, which is the 12th, nor does it give sexual passion, which are matters of the 7th House, Venus, and Mars).  And of course, Venus has been referred to in the Vedic system as beauty.

I found it interesting to look at a couple of the Vedic charts of George Clooney and Brad Pitt on this topic.  Very, very  revealing!!!

George Clooney's rasi chart has an Aquarius lagna (rising sign) with its ruler Saturn in its own sign of Capricorn and aspecting an exalted Venus in Pisces in the 2nd.  Venus thus throws a beneficial aspect upon the 8th House of sexual attractiveness.  The 2nd is ruled by a fallen Jupiter in Capricorn, conjuncted by Saturn and Moon.  His 1st House is occupied by Ketu and is aspected by fallen Mars, ruler of the 10th, in Cancer in the 6th.

In his navamsha chart, he has a Pisces lagna with its ruler Jupiter in the 2nd House of a friend, aspected similarly by Saturn in its own sign of Aquarius conjunct the Moon.  Also similarly, Mars aspects the 1st House (and 2nd House).  Venus, the 8th House ruler of sexual attractiveness, is in the 10th.

Thus, in these two charts, there are very strong suggestions of sexual attractiveness, beauty (Venus) and passion/sex (Mars).

In Brad Pitt's rasi chart, he has 5 planets in the 2nd House, all of them naturally aspecting the 8th House of sexual attractiveness!!!!!  His 1st House Scorpio ruler Mars is one of those 2nd House planets, and interestingly, Saturn is in it's own sign aspecting Venus in this chart also, similar to Clooney's, both of them in the 3rd.

In his navamsha chart, he has Venus in the 2nd House of a friend, while the 2nd House ruler is in the 9th and the 8th House ruler is in the 1st.  Mars, ruler of the 5th and 12th, is in the 10th.  Here again on just a few quick glances we see very strong suggestions of sexual attractiveness, beauty, and sexual passion. 

It could be very interesting some time to look at some female Vedic charts as well, for I suspect that similar themes will be evident.  Good topic of research for those so inclined!

;D
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

• Your Planets, My Sky
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
Hello Venus Lady,

Thanks for so many interesting and personal examples. Whew, I can imagine the impression you make when you enter a room - Scorpio, Libra and Leo - WHEW!!!

Actually, your post made me think...you know, the reason I started this thread is because of my son's beauty and trying to find analogies in his chart.

After reading your post, I realize that the reason why I maybe have started this discussion, is because I have Venus in Libra, with an Angular Libra Sun and Sun-Venus conjunction. I am not beauty, by no means, but I agree with you, I do have that typical Libran femininity and charm, especially in the way I dress, very feminine. I am what the Americans call petite (small and slender). However, my Aries Ascendant and peregrine Mars do add some distinctive and paradoxal tone to the Libran softness - I walk very fast and determined, not at all Venusian like. So maybe attractive when I stand still, but when I move, I think people might think the opposite of attractiveness!!! :-)

Thanks for stepping into the discussion.

Best,

Ana

• Your Planets, My Sky
Re: Astrology of beauty & good looks - for James Kenneth Williams
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 03:38:38 PM »
Hi James,

Well, interesting is the least I can say about your post. It is fun because when I mentioned George Clooney, is because I do think he is the perfect gentleman and he KNOWS he's got the looks. It was truly my instinct - sometimes I do have some strange insights about this or that chart. Or maybe it's just experience to start working, I truly don't know.

It was very interesting to read your conclusions. Vedic is an area that interests me a lot, but currently I need to keep focused on my Master's Course. With a full time job that demands a lot of travel and dedication, two children, a husband, and a growing clientele, I hardly have time to breathe...let alone start pursuing other paths...but it is an area of Astrology that somehow keeps attracting me.

Maybe I could email you with some questions about my Vedic chart?

Thanks for such fascinating reading.

Best,

Ana

Offline gricelda

• www.suastrologa.com.ar
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 04:40:16 PM »
Pardon that I do not know very much the language, I put in wrong place, I order them regards from Argentine and for the elleza I remain with venus in ascending(rising) regards to all.
Atte, www.suastrologa.com.ar

• Your Planets, My Sky
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 01:20:54 AM »
Hola Gricelda,

Me parece que quieres poner una publicidad aqui en este poll, péro non es aqui el local adequado para acerlo. Puedes por favor ser mas clara?

Gracias e saludos
Ana

Hello Gricelda,

I think you are trying to advertise or call attention to some astrological site here, but I don't think this is the right place to do it. Could you please be more specific regarding your intentions?
Thanks & regards,
Ana

Offline Arihant

• Compassion ; Utilitarian & Mundane Astrology
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
Saturn in Aries is a spoilsport here! ;)..mine..