Author Topic: Relocation Charts  (Read 18453 times)

Offline Patti

Re: Relocation Charts
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 06:03:25 PM »
Don, that's a great way of putting it and I'm in complete agreement with you.  They add "nuance" indeed.

--Patti

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
Hello Don,

I agree...good way to put it.

I'd say that the relocation chart (by angularity or converse) can emphasize or de-emphasize certain planets, but that they don't fundamentally change the natal chart.

Still, they are important...  It is not coincidence that moving to my Jupiter-MC line allowed a high-paying government job to fall in my lap right when I needed it most.  (By the way, on that location, Pluto is at the IC, and that is, indeed, the place where my Mother died.)  Moving here (Munich) to a Sun-MC line has allowed me (so far) to do as I please and has brought inordinate amounts of attention (all good so far) to me as well.

I think it was Bruce Hammerslough who wrote that the birth chart is like a faceted gem and moving somewhere is like rolling that gem across the surface of the Earth.  The analogy is obviously correct, but I always liked that image of it.  [By the way, Noel wrote a very nice introduction for that book, Forecasting: Backward and Forward.]

Perhaps some others would like to share stories about moving to places that emphasize various planets and talk about how it colored their experiences there...?

Peace

James
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Patti

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »
James, I am reading Bruce's book right now.  In fact, that is what prompted this thread!

--Patti

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »
Hello Patti

It's quite an interesting book.  I've read it several times.

There are a lot of non-mainstream ideas in there.

One small piece of advice, if you allow, ....if you work through Bruce's rectification examples in the back and get different answers, don't immediately doubt yourself.  Many of the examples are demonstrably wrong.

Take care and enjoy the book!

James

http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Ashton

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
I was pondering this same question recently, and spending a little time trying to read both, I felt much more connected to my natal chart,...

rj_smith

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »
Patti, thanks for bringing up this topic.

Kathy and R.J., would either of you be willing to verify a few things involving relocation charts according to your findings?  
1. In going back through different charts involving a long-term relocation, have you noticed challenging transits to the angles of the chart where the native initially resides (Point A) and/or where the native relocates (Point B)?  It seems that if the native is fleeing Point A to a better place - Point B - the Point A chart angles receive challenging transits leading up to and including the time of departure.
2. Is it merely coincidence that both Point A and Point B chart angles will be involved in Solar Arc activity precisely at the time of relocation?  I'm finding exact SA angle activity - either to the angles or from the angles, notably the MC at the move.

Frankly, I hadn't looked at transits, progressions, or Solar Arcs in relocation charts, but with the charts I've been testing over the course of this thread, the results are interesting.  

Curiously,
Robineli

Hello Robinelli:

These are all very good questions, including, " which came first...the chicken or the EGG !" LOL

A relocation chart is in many ways, a psychological boost or "pick me upper" for the querent.

Let's face it, the person is likely unhappy with the status quo and current location, and therefore, (to them ?) the grass is always greener on the other side...?

If you are driven to leave the current locale behind, (especially at all costs?) it is very easy to think that ANY new location is ideal or better ? Therefore, beware of being deceived in the NEW location !

What I teach in relocation analysis is NEVER to burn your bridges and keep your options open.... Live a balanced life ?

Even if you happen to be pissed off with the current world...

The reality is that transits and Solar arcs can impact BOTH the natal chart AND the relocated chart...

I am not such a fan of Solar Arcs, by the way, as I prefer transits over SA's ...

The natal chart IS SUPPOSED to be "king," but sometimes, the relocated chart can explain events, beautifully, that cannot be explained in the natal chart, alone ?

Usually, you will see both charts working equally well, especially with transits... !

Incidentally, angularity of a relocated planet does not always make it "better..."

There is something else to think about...

If you have a VERY CLOSE NATAL ASPECT, like an opposition, and you move to a location where one planet is prominent or on the angle, then you also activate the ASPECT, as well as the planets ?

As an example,  I have natal Sun in opposition to Saturn, within one degree of arc. If I move to a SUN zone, where Sun is on the Ascendant, then Saturn WILL ALSO be "angular," on the descendant...

At some locations, on Earth, you are inadvertedly EMPHASIZING the dynamic theme and "life lesson" of the ASPECT, in addition to the planets...

Many relocation astrologers seem to forget that, focusing only on the angularity of planets...where the key lesson is in the ASPECTS to those planet(s) ?

That might be the fault of the late Jim Lewis, the founder of Astrocartography, who emphasized angular planets over the rest of the relocation chart...

In other words, it may not be ONLY a crossing between two planets, but a natal chart dilemma or life challenge that  needs to be dealt with, NOW, in the NEW LOCATION !

Therefore, relocation astrology is not simply about angular planets and enjoying their benefits, but how they interact with the natal chart as a whole AND the original birth chart premise, of course, as suggested in the original NATAL CHART !

Needless to say, if you aspire to be an "expert" in relocation astrology, you will need a very good understanding of natal horoscopic astrology, FIRST !

Meanwhile, it is VERY important NOT to disregard the rest of the relocated chart... Instead, look at the WHOLE relocated chart...

best regards,

R.J. Smith

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:45:25 PM by R.J. Smith »

Offline Ashton

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
my asc changed, from virgo to leo..and Im not to sure..how i see the leo...i may see it a little... mm?

Offline Robineli

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
R.J.,

I was hoping you would share your rectification technique, as I don't see it anywhere in the Julian Assange thread that you had mentioned.

Patti, thanks for bringing up this topic.

Kathy and R.J., would either of you be willing to verify a few things involving relocation charts according to your findings?  
1. In going back through different charts involving a long-term relocation, have you noticed challenging transits to the angles of the chart where the native initially resides (Point A) and/or where the native relocates (Point B)?  It seems that if the native is fleeing Point A to a better place - Point B - the Point A chart angles receive challenging transits leading up to and including the time of departure.
2. Is it merely coincidence that both Point A and Point B chart angles will be involved in Solar Arc activity precisely at the time of relocation?  I'm finding exact SA angle activity - either to the angles or from the angles, notably the MC at the move.

Frankly, I hadn't looked at transits, progressions, or Solar Arcs in relocation charts, but with the charts I've been testing over the course of this thread, the results are interesting.  

Curiously,
Robineli

Hello Robineli:

These are all very good questions, including, " which came first...the chicken or the EGG !" LOL

A relocation chart is in many ways, a psychological boost or "pick me upper" for the querent.

Let's face it, the person is likely unhappy with the status quo and current location, and therefore, (to them ?) the grass is always greener on the other side...?

If you are driven to leave the current locale behind, (especially at all costs?) it is very easy to think that ANY new location is ideal or better ? Therefore, beware of being deceived in the NEW location !

What I teach in relocation analysis is NEVER to burn your bridges and keep your options open.... Live a balanced life ?

Even if you happen to be pissed off with the current world...

Perhaps my use of the word fleeing was a bit misleading - I was trying not to rely on actual examples to confirm what I've uncovered in an attempt to recreate your 'rectification using relocated charts' technique, yet I still managed to allude to them.

The reality is that transits and Solar arcs can impact BOTH the natal chart AND the relocated chart...

I am not such a fan of Solar Arcs, by the way, as I prefer transits over SA's ...

The natal chart IS SUPPOSED to be "king," but sometimes, the relocated chart can explain events, beautifully, that cannot be explained in the natal chart, alone ?

Usually, you will see both charts working equally well, especially with transits... !

YES!  This is what I'm seeing, again and again, in test charts.

Incidentally, angularity of a relocated planet does not always make it "better..."

There is something else to think about...

If you have a VERY CLOSE NATAL ASPECT, like an opposition, and you move to a location where one planet is prominent or on the angle, then you also activate the ASPECT, as well as the planets ?

As an example,  I have natal Sun in opposition to Saturn, within one degree of arc. If I move to a SUN zone, where Sun is on the Ascendant, then Saturn WILL ALSO be "angular," on the descendant...

Yes, that's true. 

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Robineli

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
When my natal chart is plotted on a map of the world, my natal Mars=MC line is very closely conjunct the line of longitude that puts Montana and Wyoming to the west and North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska to the east.  In 2006, I took a job in Watford City, North Dakota with the secondary motive of being able to observe what it would be like.  I fully expected to be busy, busy, busy on that Mars line.  And I was.  But I also resisted the temptation of wanting to kill my boss.  I left after 7-1/2 months.  

From an astrological perspective it was worth it.  I got an Astro*Carto*Graphy reading back in 1978.  They suggested that I move to Hilo, Hawaii in order to utilize my Jupiter=IC line.  That was fine, but too idealistically unrealistic.  I've never been to Hawaii, I know that I would get severe cabin fever on an island; I even feel trapped on the Oregon coast.  Similarly, I'd be concerned that a Jupiter line would exacerbate my weight problem.

Don Borkowski
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:05:05 AM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline waterbird

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
Don,

Do you believe you may be somewhat claustrophobic? Although you are land locked where you are living now?

wb

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
I want to share an interesting astro carto graphy event - one of those things where you sit back and absolutely admire how astrology works.

My sister has Moon in Gemini in the 5th house@ 1 deg 02 -- she lives in Denver. My location (Virginia Beach) moves her Moon to being exact on the Dsc in her relocated chart - which I find so interesting because the Moon can certainly be a symbol for a sister..... so my location is her Moon line (in astro carto graphy terms) - and we are very good friends and have a close relationship.

What is fascinating is that my sister flies out to Virginia Beach on Sun May 20.... the very day of the solar eclipse New Moon @ 1 deg Gemini 21 min...... just 19 minutes from being exact on her Moon..... and she is flying to her Moon line!!! She is coming out to drive down to New Orleans with me for UAC - and when I booked her flight, I had no choice but to fly her out on that day. I didn't plan the astrology. Her Moon is hit by the eclipse - and she is flying to her Moon line on the same day!

On a side note - it's also interesting that I have Venus in Sagittarius @ 1 deg 45 - which is being activated by the solar eclipse.... and I'm getting ready to launch a new line of art (feng shui mandalas) at UAC - in addition to selling the Tyl DVD's. The timing of the trip is beautiful.

Kathy

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:48:42 AM by Kathy Rose »
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »
Waterbird:
Before I became disabled, I needed the ability to hop in my car and start driving.  The ocean would always keep me from driving any farther to the west.

Don
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:05:51 AM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »

Over a decade ago, I was planning a relocation ... a sort of retirement under the sun, while still working, of course (a modern retirement).

In checking everything out astrologically, I saw that relocating to Phoenix Arizona (actually Fountain Hills) would bring my dominant Mercury precisely to the Midheaven.  What could be better!

I made the relocation........  and gradually everything happened.........  I wrote 5 or 6 more books and founded my Master's Certification Course and enjoyed the busiest professional travel of my career .

Mercury and I smile under the sun every time there is a mention of a relocation chart!

Noel Tyl
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:18:48 AM by Noel Tyl »
Noel Tyl

rj_smith

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
R.J.,

I was hoping you would share your rectification technique, as I don't see it anywhere in the Julian Assange thread that you had mentioned.

Hello Robinelli:

Thanks, kindly, for your feedback !  Appreciate it.  I will post the natal chart and relocated chart (for London, England) for Julian Assange, later,  just as a example of how to rectify the natal chart, though RLC technology.

I have many other examples to show you, of how the RLC chart can rectify the natal chart, namely my own.

I have a personal Pluto line running through the west coast of Canada. The line is located about 20 kilometres outside of Vancouver.

The themes of Pluto are very well known to this forum, as they include death and transformation...

I am telling you this story, only because astrology is fascinating and truthful...

My Dad and I have been at war with each for the past 50 years...He lives in XXX, by the way, right on the Pluto line ! For a period of some 20 years, we rarely saw each other !

Further to this, my father was born in Asia, where I have RLC Saturn on the ascendant !  RLC Saturn on the ascendant does not always guarantee an easy life, but things do always get better, over time, under a Saturn zone !

As Saturn rules both the birth father and older people, what could be more appropriate than RLC Saturn on the Ascendant !

However, since the 4th house traditionally rules the father, relocated Pluto there suggested a total transformation !

For many years, I did not fully understand how that could be possible. I thought the astrology was nonsense !  Since the relationship, in my mind, was destined for failure... plus, we could not get along.

However, finally, after some 25 to 27 years of living in this Pluto/IC zone, the relationship did change. We began to grow closer and the relationship started to get friendlier.  That was only recently, a few years ago...

The relationship, today, is totally changed, TOTALLY different. We now talk on the phone and email each other, like normal people !  There has been TOTAL tranformation, as promised by relocated Pluto !

This is why relocation astrology REALLY WORKS !  Because, it DOES !

But, guess what, sometimes it takes a WHOLE LIFETIME to observe the RLC planets at work !

Therefore, if you are merely an astrological tourist to this site, you may be missing out on the " FUN, " as they say...

I also have had a life changing surgery on this same Pluto line at a hospital outside Vancouver, some minutes from the PLUTO/IC line !   Pluto rules surgeries.

EVERY planet in the relocated chart has a purpose, including re-located Pluto and Saturn !

You, the chart holder, may not always understand that purpose, but there is a purpose...  I have also used other RLC events to rectify my natal chart, including RLC Jupiter on the MC, relocated Uranus on the ascendant, relocated Mars on the MC and also, relocated Venus on the IC.

Those experiences have been quite consistent with what the planets are supposed to tell us....

Relocation astrology has its limitations, too !  My relocated Sun and Mercury on the midheaven fall in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean !

I have RLC Mercury on the MC in the Nordic country of ICELAND.  I have RLC SUN on the MC in the Canary Islands !

I have relocated Sun/conjunct ASC in Kodiak, Alaska !

Why on Earth would I want to relocate to Kodiak, Alaska, Iceland, or the Canary Islands.  I don't know anybody, there !

Therefore, the RLC chart, much like the natal chart, is always shaped by practical considerations...

best regards,

R.J. Smith

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:31:05 PM by R.J. Smith »

Offline waterbird

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
My  RLC Venus line runs through Saudi Arabia. Should I go there to meet my Prince Charming?

water bird