Author Topic: 3 Asteroids of Health  (Read 15605 times)

Thoreau

3 Asteroids of Health
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:22:59 AM »
The subject of an Astrological Health Evaluation has come up several times in astrology and sometimes on other places in this forum.

1.  Aesculapia:

This one represents the state of health and in particular the ability to heal.  You can explore the house and sign of Aesculapia to define  how health is perceived in the life and what it means at this point.  For example:

An aspect with Bacchus suggests health issues connected to addictions, prescription drugs etc.  A scene where Bacchus/Aesculapia = Jupiter  suggests liver disease through substance abuse.

An aspect with Psyche suggests psychological issues in the health problem; with Mars, issues involving the use of or lack of energy such as Fibromyalgia

2.  Hygiea:

This shows both hygiene and health related to issues involving cleanliness.  Its defining comes from its interactions with other asteroids, planets and points in the chart.

For example, a negative aspect to the MH suggests needing to work through career issues despite poor health;  with Mercury, nervous conditions, vehicles, or siblings with health problems

3.  Panacea: 

This represents the “gauntlet”  that you run in trying to get cures for your disease, as well as the procedures that you have to use to correct them.

Retrograde planets aspects to Panacea also show subliminal energies toward healing.

For example,  Panacea in aspect to the ASC shows a continual involvement of daily life in addressing personal illness problems;  or with the Moon seeing that the successful dealing with the illness may have involvement with mothers/women/ the home, getting away from the home environment; one might find here that there is some environmental factor of one’s illness

Offline ChrisSarah

Re: 3 Asteroids of Health
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »
Thanks very much for posting this info, Thoreau. I'm new to the forum, though I have visited often & have learned much. My interest in astrology is driven by my quest for self knowledge, and chronic illness (autoimmune) is a significant part of that.  Looking at the asteriods you describe, Panecea is conj my sun (w/in 3 deg), and my search for healing- intimately tied with understanding my own psyche- has certainly defined my adult life. Psyche and Asclepius are conj eachother and Venus, opposite Pluto (ruling Asc)- an opposition that has often seemed to me to be the "key" to unlocking the psychological level of the disease. And Hygiea squares Merc in my chart and makes contact with a Saturn-Jupiter opposition (within 6th and 12th, respectfully)- another aspect which intuitively feels significant in my illness picture. I'm looking forward to researching the myths and history associated with these asteroids.

As I mentioned, I have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate everyone who posts- your questions, answers, intuitions, and everything in between have been a rewarding source of learning for me.

Thoreau

8 more asteroids related to health issues
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
Asclepius-  Contact with physicians (including the internal healer) and belief-systems about the health, symptoms and medical conditions. See aspects of in need of or contributing to Healing. Use also: Asclepius and Askalaphus.

Cuvier-extinction or the passing of something, the awareness of extinction or death or the possibility of extinction or death

Astrologically, Cuvier seems to indicate extinction or the passing of something, the awareness of extinction or death or the possibility of extinction or death ..

Psyche-Recognition of childhood trauma; raw wounds psychologically; vulnerability; memories; insight; psychic impressionability; psychological recovery; the state of your mental health; head wounds; brain states.

Askalaphus- with  the ability to be silent or discreet, being indiscreet, informing, making trouble, bringing about transformations, being looked upon with dismay, apprehension or revulsion,, and also medical attention and things pertaining to doctors or medicine,.

SOPHROSYNE-  "equanimity, healthy mind and impartiality." Some have called sophrosyne the antonym for hubris.

Damocles- Damocles' influence arises from the archetype of its namesake. First of all, it indicates a high level of stress. This may arise from ordinary life circumstances creating a feeling of impending or ever-present potential for disaster. Or this stress may arise from extraordinary circumstances such as deprivation, extraordinary danger, transitions, persecution or a high degree of peer pressure or trials arising from the possession of power, privilege, high station, wealth, natural physical gifts, or talents, or some form of nonconformity, of challenging a tenet or shibboleth or deviating from a norm.

Parkinson-  Parkinson's disease and other neurological disorders (including mental illness); working under a handicap..

Transylvania-- to an affinity for gothic or horror-themed art, literature or music; how one deals with antisocial or objectionable behavior, anarchy or degradation of the functioning of society or the threat thereof. Transylvania may also relate to diseases or disorders carrying a social stigma or having superstition attached to them, such as porphyria, albinism, leprosy, mental illness, physical deformities or AIDS. And, of course, it may relate to the Transylvania region itself.
---------

You can find almost all asteroids in the ephemeris at this address: 
http://www.true-node.com/eph0/?number=&inputNumber=atropos&day=24&month=8&year=2011&time=14%3A00%3A00&zone=EDT+-4&interval_num=1&interval=day&lines=31&.submit=Get+Ephemeris&longitude=on

Thoreau

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
And if the Chart shows illness in other ways, the asteroid RALPH, often shows the need to vomit, or nausea to the extent of vomiting, or somehting so awfully disgusting that you might want to or have vomit.  Nazi Josef Mengele, who performed his atrocities in the name of medical research, had Ralph in the eighth house, semisquare Mercury and square Saturn and Ceres., heave, gag, throwup, be sick, disgusting  See  [http://cmtk3.webring.org/l/rd?ring=astr0317;id=1;url=http%3A%2F%2Fmarkandrewholmes%2Ecom%2Fastrolog%2Ehtml]   for more info.  

Thoreau

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
Mony  dealing with chronic diseases, disorders or disabilities.   Also dealing with Money. 

Pest -  being a pest (bothersome, pertinacious), pestilence (communicable disease), or pestilential (fostering pestilence or to be avoided)