Author Topic: Tertiary Progressions  (Read 31556 times)

Offline James Williams

Tertiary Progressions
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »
Here's Noel's article on tertiary progressions...my tertiary progressed Moon is extremely responsive to the IC (and MC by extension)... :)

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/000930.html

Tertiary Progressions

Tertiary Progressions have nothing to do with Solar Arcs in terms of calculation or theory, but they are part of the family of symbolic measurement of time. Where Primary Directions were based upon the movement of one degree at the Midheaven, i.e., four minutes of time after birth, as an equation for one year of life, and where Secondary Progressions and Solar Arcs equate one day after birth with one year of life, Tertiary Progressions equate every day in the ephemeris after birth (one year of life) to one Lunar Month. The Moon becomes all-important; it is the base for this technique of time symbolism because of its high speed, about 12.5 degrees per day on average.

Tertiary Progressions can be used to "average", to collect, to bring to a day-focus several measurements within a particular period of time. Say you have a major arc coming to partile in June, and three major "trigger" transits occurring in April and May. Then perhaps the Secondary Progressed Moon is getting into the time picture with a strong aspect also in July. It is suggested that April, in the application period of the Solar Arc, is going to be very important. It will probably be the month of occurrence.

Where we see such a cluster focus of measurements, the TP -somewhere "in there"-can focus the sense of all the other measurements. We try to find it, and then we can offer our client a specific date of high probability, rather than a general period of a week or month. We draw a TP for some time in April, say, and then we adjust it, maneuvering the date to one of high "trigger-value." We can see this date as an amalgam of all the other measurements, an averaged reference date, if you will.

As well, a dramatic TP discovered independently from a clustered measurement focus, apparently can also announce a key date. In such a case, further measurement study almost always reveals other measurements of importance occurring simultaneously.

The key signal in TP measurements is when the TP Moon crosses an Angle (or squares it) in the natal chart and/or makes a conjunction, square, or opposition with a key planet. The other TP-planets play a supporting (or background) role to the TP Moon, and their positions can be significant as well. So, a double-ringed chart is used with the TP positions in the outer ring. Orbs are very tight (less than two degrees) and, as in Solar Arcs, only "hard" aspects are observed. [Use the Mean measurements and Solar Arc MC, if given the option.]

Here's how to maneuver the TP chart to a "perfection" date: doing successive TP charts one-month apart reveals that the TP Moon moves about 3.5-40 per week in real-time [12.5+0 monthly -the Lunar month symbolism-- divided by 4]. The Sun and Midheaven both move one degree per month. If your test TP chart has 8 degrees to go before the Moon might cross an Angle, you select another TP date two weeks later; you zero in on the best trigger positions in the TP.
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Tertiary Progressions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
Jim:

You might want to look at my blog for a couple entries for May 2011.  I wrote about how I rectified my chart, and also how it was validated when I suffered a life-changing fall.  My blog can be found at:  http://dgborkowski.blogspot.com or you can click the green dot on my posting.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Stacy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »
TP newbie question, if you please.

My Moon is in the 4th cj Venus; Mercury is conjunct the IC, and Mars in house 3 is part of the stellium. So it's: Mars cj IC in house 3; then Mercury in house 4  IC, then Moon  cj Venus in tbe 4th.

I  am looking for hard aspects within the TP chart alone, and not selecting natal planets, correct?

This suggests a certain relocation, argumentative but ultimately peaceful. Am I close?

Thanks for any help,

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Stacy,

It's OK to ignore the aspects made among the TP chart.  What is important is when the TP Moon conjuncts, squares, or opposes the natal angles.  At the time of my life-changing fall, the TP Moon was opposite my ascendant.

~Don
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
Darn it. My TP Moon has a way to go before hitting my Natal IC. 4.Maybe not so long; it's in natal house 3.

Thnx, Don.
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
Don,

Does this  sound about right: My TP Moon is at 21 Capricorn. It will reach my natal Mars at 29 Capricorn in aprox 2 weeks. It won't reach the next angle for aprox. 5 months. I am trying diligently;   frantically to find affordable nice and safe housing. As part of my legal settlement I have 90 days to move.   Now I am worried it won't happen until my TP Moon hits an angle!

Again, any math help appreciated.

Stacy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:25:08 PM by Stacy »

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »
Hi Stacy,

I "guesstimate" the TP Moon's motion to be 30' per day--or 1 degree in 2 days.  For the TP Moon to hit a natal planet, such as your Mars, that is important, too.  However when the TP Moon hits an angle, the accuracy of one's birthtime can be validated.  The fall that broke my leg validated my rectification of my own chart.  What house(s) does Mars rule in your horoscope?  They will be very important at the time the TP gets there.

Don

Offline Stacy

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:23:58 AM »
Your birth chart certainly seems validated with the major event, your fall you say.

I haven't followed TPs as closely as say Solar Returns, but I had an important event happen several years ago when the TP Moon was at my MC.

And Mars rules my 6th house, so I always think of my health, and my pet bunny. He is a psychic sponge and unfortunately picks up on my anxiety, which has caused him to have some health crises of his own.

I have Moon in SR 6th this year, opposite Uranus in the 12th.

Thanks Don.
And I want to say you seem particularly relaxed; something about your new forum photo.

Stacy

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »
Hi Don, read your blog about your fall and your use of TP to rectify.   Yes your TP Moon at 17GEM26 opposes your Asc 17Sg41; sextiles natal Pluto, r12 hospital, in 8th of surgery at 17Leo58; squares natal Saturn, bones, in 9th at 18Virgo52.   Thanks for your example.  Think I'll reread Tyl's rectification book using TP.