Author Topic: High IQ & Astrology: Are They Connected?  (Read 13373 times)

Offline Halina

High IQ & Astrology: Are They Connected?
« on: June 22, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
     In another thread, Isaac gives the rectified chart of genius William James Sidis,   Wiki supplies the following info about him:  exceptional Math & Linguistics ability, high IQ between 250 and 300 ever recorded(test methods then may have been different than now), conversant in 40 languages & dialects, could read the NY Timess at age 18 months, at 11 years, youngest ever to be enrolled at Harvard, Bachelor of Arts degree at age 16....
    Below is his chart rectified by Isaac.  Does an astrological chart award a person to be born with a high IQ?  If so, what factors in this chart, gave this man a high IQ?  What are the clues that suggest both sides of his brain were well developed, the math side(usually boys) and the language side (usually females)?
    Here is  a list of the top 10 people in history ranked by highest IQ.   You may wish to plot, a few to see their Solar chart for clues to what chart factors produce high IQ.
1. Wm. Sidis, IQ 'tween 250-300.  2. Terrence Tao, 220-230 IQ.  3. Christopher Hirata, 225.  4. Kim Ung-Yong, 210.  5. Gary Kaspar, 190.  6. Marilyn Vos Savant, 190.
7. Leonardo da Vinci, estimated at 180-190.  8. Judit Polgar, 170.  9. Einstein, 160-190.  10. Stephen Hawking, 160.
     4 charts are shown below to help you.  Vedic astrologers are welcome to submit their thoughts.
If you scored high in Math and English in High School, was your IQ high as well?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:48:40 PM by Halina »

Offline Isaac Starkman

Re: High IQ & Astrology: Are They Connected?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:38 AM »
1.   Albert Einstein
Using 38 events I rectified his chart to 11.21.08 LMT Asc 9Can47'. Helio Mercury trine Uranus (both geo and helio), sextile MC – this is one of the most appropriate aspect for originality, especially when Uranus is 180 MC.
Vertex is very prominent: It is in opposition to Pluto, sextile Mars, square Jupiter and trine Sun.
Mercury in 10th in conjunct Part of Fortune.
In many cases it was found that the Epoch is reflecting the destiny much more sharply than the radix. Einstein's epoch is casting for 16 June 1878 4.33.39 UT Asc 10Can26'. In this chart MC is conjunct Venus, sextile Venus, sextile Moon. Moon exactly on Desc trine Venus and harmonious aspects with MC symbolize his colossal fame.
Mercury trine Jupiter in Airy signs. Helio Mercury sextile helio Jupiter. In addition, helio Mercury in 10th is trine Mars and sextile Pluto. In addition, Sun sextile Uranus.
All these aspects reflect his genius and immense popularity.

2.   Leonardo Da Vinci: rectified to 21.31 LMT Asc 4Sag51.
    Helio Mercury rising  trine geo Mercury. Vx conjunct Uranus.
3.   Christopher Hirata: I have found his birth time 0.46
Mercury exactly on IC.
4.   Stephen Hawking: Asc 4Aqu47'
Mercury rising forming grand trine with Moon and Uranus. Helio Mercury 120 helio Jupiter in airy signs.
5.   Judit Polgar – birth time unknown. Mercury conjunct Saturn 90 Uranus, helio Mercury 60 helio Uranus
6.   Terrence Tao – birth time unknown. Helio Mercury 60 Mercury, 180 helio Uranus and Moon.
7.   Sidis: Helio Mercury 60 Mercury in airy signs.

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
     Wow!  Thanks Isaac for your detailed time on this.  Your research is extremely helpful and informative on the relationship between high IQ and astrology.
Helio charts are surely an echo for the planets involved in high IQ, as is the Epoch chart, which your research shows.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:05:22 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

An Astrology IQ Test
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 01:02:37 PM »
     Test your own astrology IQ by answering the following questions.   The answers will be posted tomorrow.Q 1. What is the next number in the sequence below.
 5,6,6,6,3,5,5,7 ? Remember this sequence relates to an aspect of astrology.

Q 2. What is Wolfgang's Rising Sign? Wolfgang was born on the equator on May 8th. Just when he took his first breath his dad was pacing up and down outside the hospital and noticed that when he looked down at the ground he had virtually no shadow. It was sunny at the time.

Q3 Wilbur had 7 children. The first was an Aries which he called Max, the 2nd was an Aquarian which was called Ugo, the 3rd was a Pisces and he was named Nigel, the 4th was a Sagittarian ,she was called Julia, the 5th was a Gemini called Matilda, the 6th was a Libra whom he called Vincent and the 7th was a Scorpio. Which of the following names did he call his Scorpio boy Andrew, Arthur, Pubert, Caleb, Stanley or Fritz.

Q4 What are Mario's Sun and Moon signs? Mario was born on the equator. It was night-time. When Mario was born the Moon was perfectly full. Mario's dad was just outside and when he looked up he saw the moon had risen to a point where it was just behind a 5 metre tall tree. Mario's dad was 5 metres due east of this tree at the time and facing due West Mario has 1 degree Cancer Rising

Q5 If a person had 5 planets in Fire signs and 5 planets in Air signs what is the most number of squares that they could have in their chart? All planets are between 5 and 25 degrees of their signs.
     Answers are in the next post, no peeking until you finish the above test.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:02:27 PM by Halina »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
It's kind of weird to think of Albert Einstein as being stupid, relatively speaking, that is.  ;D

We should talk about low iq and astrology.  I was just looking at some youtube videos of scientists saying that astrologers are stupid because they think that astrology is science.  Astrology can't be proven so why would Scientists try to call it a Science? 

Offline Halina

Answers to Astrology IQ Test
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »
    Q1 Each number represents the number of letters in the zodiac signs in order. The next sign is Sagittarius which has 11 letters so A = 11.
 Q 2 No shadow means noon so the Rising Sign is 3 signs behind the sun sign so answer is Leo
 Q3 Each child's name had the same first letter as its sign's ruling planet so Pluto rules Scorpio thus answer is Pubert
 Q 4 5 metres away from a 5 metre tree indicates the moon was 45 degrees above western horizon. Cancer at 1 degree on east means capricorn 1 degree at west means Aquarius 16 degrees above it and since its a perfectly full moon Sun is in Leo with the moon in Aquarius
 Q5 Air signs and Fire signs never make a square with each other so answer is zero. Only Water and Earth signs make squares with Fire and Air signs.
      If you got at least 4 out of  5 right,  you are an astrologer genius!

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:55:22 AM »
Pubert?   ;D

Offline DGordon

• Cosmic Cardinal Cross Astrologer
    • Xstarian Center for Astrology
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »
How differently is IQ measured today than in the past?
A few decades ago, I thought an IQ of 130 was considered borderline genius.
Then I read mine measured as a child at 126, and now doubt that the bar is that low.
Also, what about niche geniuses like idiot savants?

,Daniel
Consciousness between the brows. Breathe oh-ee-ah.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
A friend of mine claimed to have an IQ of 168, but he was not especially good at math.  He got a degree in business administration.  He later sold insurance and jewelry, working his way up to managing a Zale's store.  He did well enough to retire at 48.  After his wife complained about his sitting around the house and drinking coffee and beer all day, he went back to college and became a registered nurse.  After enjoying a unit on hospice care, he took his business acumen and established his own hospice.

So, it's really hard to know for sure what IQ tests measure.  Circa 1970, a number of influential blacks were arguing that IQ tests were culturally biased.  All I could say to that was recognizing a test question I missed because it was biased against my background.  The gist of the question involved recognizing that there were no footprints in a picture of some snow.  I grew up in Portland, Oregon where snowfalls are rare!

Since this is an astrology website, I should give my friend's data:  September 15, 1952 @ 6:50 a.m. CST in Chicago, IL.  

In my own case, I was always told I was intelligent, but I have never been told what my IQ was.  I do know that the IQ test had a memory section.  The subject had to repeat strings of 10 digits forwards and strings of 7 digits backwards.  I did perform that section of the test perfectly.  But I've always wondered if I really was smart or just had a heck of a good memory.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:04:04 PM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:16 PM »
My step mother had an iq of around 180 and long sexy legs.

Since this is an astrology forum I will give what I remember of her birth information.  May 21, 1939 somewhere in the the south.  Taurus sun.  Leo rising.  Cancer moon.

Offline Halina

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 07:29:03 AM »
Hi "In Stitches", Below is your step mom's chart.  I have chosen a southern city, New Orleans, and an Asc 15 Leo.   What stands out for High IQ is Mercury conj Uranus at the MH, and Moon in Cancer, for good memory and ability to retain facts, learning.  Maybe you spot something else, say in her midpoints, that would account for high IQ.
Oh, there's Jupiter on cusp 9, higher learning, square Moon Cancer, ability to remember, retain facts.  There's also a YOD, Sun sextile Pluto, both inconjunct Mars, ruler of the 9th of Higher Education.  Did she go to College or finish her degree in later years????
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:37:49 AM by Halina »

Old Guy in Astrology

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »
There was a time, back in the 60's and 70's when you could pretty much guage your IQ on the Scholastic Aptitude tests we took for college back then.  They were essentially IQ tests in the verbal part.  Standard deviation was 50 and  the mean was 500.  People with abilities below an IQ of 70 never took the test.  So if you scored 650 on the verbal portion of the test then your IQ was somewhere around 140 to 150 or so.