Author Topic: Sports astrology and planetary hours  (Read 19130 times)

Offline Moonlight

Sports astrology and planetary hours
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:23:57 PM »
Dear All,

What are your experiences with the planetary hours and their rulers during a sports contest?
How can the relationship between the ASC (MC) and the planetary hour ruler affect the outcome? I mean there must be some kind of agreement between the ascendant and planetary hour ruler and here I do not think of radicality only. E.g. When the ASC is Leo and planetary hour ruler is Mars, red teams are doing well.
If you have got any experiences please share with me.

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards,
Moonlight

Offline Halina

Re: Sports astrology and planetary hours
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:02:57 PM »
     After 36 years of studying sports games, mostly baseball and hockey, I have found that the planetary hours of Venus and Jupiter favor the team that rules them.  I use Asc ruler for home team and 7th ruler for opposing team.  What I find that really works is the sign Gemini or Libra on the 4th(visitor's 10th), or on the home team's 10th, or on the 11th(visitor's 5th) will show a tie game until either of those 2 signs move out of these houses.   For example, many overtime or shootout games happen when either Libra or Gemini are on the Houses mentioned.
     I do not use a static chart, I divide a game into 4 charts: 7pm, 7:50pm, 8:40pm and end of game at 9:30pm.
Moon square or opposition the home team's ruler indicates they will lose,  Moon sextile or trine the  home team's planet ruler, ie ruler of 1st shows the home team to be victorious.  Same with visitors 7th ruler trine or sextile the Moon.  Whoever owns Venus or Jupiter is the main determiner.
     The only time planetary hours that work is when Venus or Jupiter are either rulers of the home team or the visiting team.  I only use 7 planetary rulers and don't use Uranus, Neptune or Pluto as they don't help much.  Venus and Jupiter are benefics and if either team owns both of them, it ensure victory for sure.
      I have been experimenting with astrodynes, i.e. strength of aspects to the MH for either team and this is proving promising.
Look at the game charts below, I have shown the last 2 of 4 charts, the 8:32pm chart and the 9:26pm chart.  Game ended at 9:43pm.  In the first chart Venus rules the 7th(visitor's 1st) and is moving to conj visitor's Asc.  The visitors scored 2 more runs during this time for a 5-3 lead.  Now look at the second chart and you will see that Jupiter, ruler of 11th(visitor's 5th of games) is conj the 4th cusp(visitor's 10th or MH).  So the visitors owned both benefics and won the game 5-3.  I seldom use color matching unless it's very obvious, don't have to, my system works well without color matching.
     I also employ exalted planets like Moon in Taurus, Venus in Pisces, Mars in Capricorn, Jupiter in Cancer, Saturn in  Libra.  Detrimented planets hurt.
Start experimenting, keep a binder, put solved charts in one section and a cold file for charts you couldn't figure out why a certain team won, keep coming back to that cold file.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:25:11 PM by Halina »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:19:23 AM »
Dear Halina,

Thank you very much for your help and sharing your experiences with me. I am constantly checking charts and trying to find the best method. I will try to check everything you have told me. As I live in Europe, I usually try to figure out the final result of soccer (or football) matches. Most of the astrologers analyse these matches by the kick off time. I do not treat these charts as static charts, I usually go through the given time period to see what is going to happen. It is also useful for me if I check the chart at the beginning and at the end of the match. As these matches consist of two halves (each of them 45 minutes and a 15 minutes break) we can easily make a chart for the the end of the game.
I usually try to analyse the matches by using the teams' own significators, I mean there is a Leo-Aqua axis at the beginning, but I do not use the Sun or Saturn as sigs but if one team is blue (it is Jupiter) the other is red (it is Mars). I think that the planetary hour must have some affinity with the Ascendant ruler in order to be effective. I try to give you an example.
On 6 January in Madrid, Spain, Real Madrid-Celta Vigo. Real was playing in white, Celta Vigo was in black (Moon versus Saturn). At the beginning ASC was Cancer 28 51 (maybe this fact showed us which team was the central theme of the event?) at the planetary hour ruler was Venus. Later we had Leo axis and the planetary hour became the Moon at 8.25pm. Until that time there weren’t any goals but as the planetary hour ruler changed to Moon and the day ruler wa also the Moon Real began scoring. They scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes. So I think there should have to be some kind of synchronicity between the Ascendant ruler and hour ruler or between the day and hour ruler.
What do you think?

Kindest regards,
Moonlight

Offline Halina

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
Hi Moonlight, In what year was this game on January 6, 2012? 2013?  What time did the game start?  What time did the game end?  Who was the home team, the visiting team or was the game in a neutral city?  I need all these facts.  How long is each half?

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56:40 AM »
Hi Halina,

The game was played this Monday 6 January 2014. As far as I know the game started at 7pm local time Madrid, Spain. (I mean the kick off time was announced by 7pm. Maybe it started half a minute later but all in all the 7 pm is valid.)
The 1st half lasted from 7pm until 7.45pm. The 2nd half started at 8pm and lasted until 8.45pm. Each half is 45 minutes long.
The home team was Real Madrid, the visiting team was Celta Vigo. The home team was favourite and it wasn't a neutral ground.
I hope this helps.

Offline Halina

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
Hi Moonlight, Below are 4 charts for this game.  Chart 1, game is tied 0-0, chart 2, game is tied 0-0, why?  RULE: Sign Gemini(twin score) or Libra(balanced score) on any of the 4 angles.  Here Libra is on the IC, a tie so far.  Also the Moon was in the 8th House in charts 1 & 2, indicating SHARED RESOURCES, i.e. TIE.
Chart 3, Libra leaving IC, no longer a tie situation, scoring will begin, 3 goals score by Home team, why?  Jupiter, rules Home team's 5th House of Game, and it is EXALTED in Cancer, and quintiles its own MC.  Quintiles show the creativity of the Home team in scoring.   Moon is in Pisces, and is disposited by this powerful Jupiter, transferring Moon's power to it.   Both Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception, they help each other out.   Jupiter has now moved out of its quite game in 12th House to the 11th House which is the opponents 5th House.  They are taking the game to the visitors, playing in their end of the field.
    If you have SOLAR FIRE go to HORARY where they score each planets strength according to Rulership, 5pts, none here, Exalted score 4pts, here Jupiter is exalted, planet in its own triplicity scores 3pts, planet in its own term score 2 pts, in Face score 1pt, if in detriment like Mars in Libra score minus pts, if in its fall score minus points.
Computer does this for you and here are the totals for each planet during this game for chart 3: Jupiter +9, Moon +8, Sun, Merc, Venus & Saturn each get minus 5 as does Saturn scores Minus 5.   So you can see that Jupiter was not owned by either team until chart3 becomine the property of the Home team who was in partnership with strong Moon.  Mars was in detriment and belonged to the VISITORS who had no strength whatsoever in any of the charts.
    Please, I recommend for you a book "Sports Astrology" which gives about 50 soccer games analyzed with different techniques, by author John Frawley.  I use some of his techniques but employ most of my own as you see in this example of yours.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:21:33 PM by Halina »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:21 AM »
Hi Halina,

Thanks for the charts. It is amazing. Your method seems to be obvoius and clear from the charts and your explanation. I will try to use it, I am very curious because the charts meet the criteria you have mentioned.
Does this method work only with individual starting times? I mean e.g. in England on Saturdays there are several matches starting at 3pm.
Thanks a lot.

Offline Halina

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Hi, in the book I mention, Frawley uses only the starting time and allows an orb of 5 degrees for the Moon's aspect to either HOME ruler or Visitor ruler.  Did you notice in this example that you gave me there was a VOID-OF-COURSE MOON, ie Moon 29degrees to 30degrees in any sign.   The book tells you how to predict when there is a void moon.  Myself I look for its DISPOSITOR and go from there as I did in this example.   The author allows you to carry Moon into its next sign.
     I see you gave Moon to the Home team.  It was a strong Moon in partnership with Jupiter at 8:25pm  whereas Visitors Saturn was weak with minus 5 points.
This is a good point you bring up: "Do games that start at the same time, i.e 3pm have the same result?  Here is a good time perhaps to use your color jerseys system and employ ruling planets according to color.   Since the games are in different cities, one game may have an Asc say 20 Cancer and the other game an Asc 28 Cancer due to coordinates difference so the rulers may change at different times during the game, so scores wouldn't be the same.   Also you could assign planets according to team NAME.  Hotspurs could be given the planet MARS.   The team "UNITED" could be given a different sign and ruling planet.  So even tho' games start at the same time, each team in the league will be represented by a planet ruling a certain color or be represented by its name.  
Or look up the date a team was founded, suppose March14, 2006 with Sun in Pisces, use Pisces and Jupiter for that team.
     Look up the odds in the newspaper for the game and give the favorites the Ascendant and the underdog the Descendant, this is the system Frawley uses in his book.  This would avoid repetition of results for games starting at the same time.
     We haven't touched the "Antiscion System" for soccer, you'll have to cover this interesting technique in the book.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:10:02 PM by Halina »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 02:19:32 PM »
Hi Halina,

Thank you very much for these useful posts and advices. I will try to read them several times and think over again. You have mentioned several interesting things, e.g. Libra or Gemini on angles can produce a tie. Do you think that if there is an agreement between the ASC and planetary hour, or between the lord of the day and planetary hour ruler can help the relevant teams? As I can see it works, but there must be several rules that must be applied too.
If you have got 2 equal teams, the ASC or home team's 10th house is ruled by Venus (Taurus) the DSC or visitor's 7th house is ruled by Jupiter (Pisces). Jupiter is in the 11th (visitor's 5th house) and Venus is in the 5th house. Who do you consider stronger, the Jupiterian team because Venus is the lesser benefic?
I ask it because there were several matches tonight in France starting at 8pm and I made some charts. In one case when I assigned the teams to the ASC DSC axis by colours it turned out that the lighter (Venusian team which was white) was not as strong as the other one, which played in blue and Jupiter ruled them.
I hope I could write it down clearly.  :)
Thank you very much once again. You gave me valuable information.

Moonlight

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »
Hi Halina,

In my previous post I forgot to ask your opinion about the usage and importance of Part Fortune. Many people do not use, but I think the POF can help me a lot. E.g. if I find a POF trine Moon aspect at the end of a match, a goal is definitely scored by the white or home or fav team. On the contrary if the POF conjuncts Pluto, the underdog wins. Generally, I think that if the POF contacts a planet it has got great importance because it can give advantage to the relevant team. Though, I still do not know if the nature of aspect counts or simply the fact that the POF aspected it.

Offline Halina

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
Hi Moon, Yes the P of F is very important.  Here is a quote from the book..."Fortuna is a significant position, it is one of the most powerful single testimonies in judging these charts.  Perhaps the most powerful of all..."  Here are the rules for judging with fortuna and the antiscion position of fortuna:
1. Lord of the 1st House conjuncting Fortuna or its antiscion position favours the FAVORITES.
2. Lord of the 1st House opposing Fortuna or its antiscion position favours the UNDERDOG.
3. Lord of the 7th House conjuncting Fortuna or its antiscion position favours the UNDERDOG.
4. Lord of the 7th House opposing Fortuna or its antiscion position favours the FAVORITES.  The author differs on this rule, he finds that..." Lord of the 7th House to bodily opposition with Fortuna favors the UNDERDOG.
    The orb allowed with these conjunctions and oppositions is 5 degrees.  Here are more rules concerning Fortuna:
1, The dispositor of the Part of Fortune applying to conjunct Fortuna, favours the FAVORITES.
2, The dispositor of the Part of Fortune applying to oppose Fortuna, favours the UNDERDOG TEAM.
    Your findings on Pluto match the authors findings, he says..."Pluto has a powerful destructive effect if placed directly on a relevant cusp.  If conjunct or opposing Fortuna, or the antiscion or the dispositor of Fortuna, this favours the UNDERDOG.  Pluto seems to hold some kind of grudge against favourites: he's much less inclined to work his malice on the underdog.  Even a placement on the 2nd House cusp harms the favourites."    Get the book, see how Part of Fortune itself is the determining factor in many of his examples.  Here's examples on how to find antiscion position: Sun in 12Aries, its antiscion position is 18Virgo;  Moon is 7Taurus, its antiscion position is 23Leo; Merc in 12 Gemini, its antiscion is 18Cancer; Venus in 20Libra, its antiscion is 10Pisces; Mars in 28Sag, its antiscion is 2Capricorn;  Jupiter in 3Scorpio, its antiscion is 27Aquarius.
Fortuna in 14Cancer, its antiscion is 16Gemini.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:59:57 PM by Halina »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »
Hi Halina,

Thanks for your useful posts. First, I have to get the book and then sit down and try to clear every question. What are your experiences if the planetary hour ruler is Moon or Saturn or Mars?
BTW, until I manage to get the book could you tell me some words about the "Antiscion system" for soccer?
All in all, which technique do you think is the most reliable or the easiest for a beginner?
Anyway, I use Janus 4.3 astro softwer, but maybe a Solarfire would be better as Janus doesn't give me the calculations in the way you have mentioned to me.
Thanks a lot once more.

Offline Halina

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
Hi Moonlight, too many questions, you need the book which you should get in a few weeks.  I have Janus also, and will check if it does all the necessary calculations.   Wow!  Janus is even better than Solar Fire.  Here are the steps for Janus:
1.  Put in all the data for game time, date, time of start, location, etc.  2. Under CAST CHART, select the one that says HORARY CHART.  After chart comes up check in right top corner if date, time, location are all correct.   3. On right side you will see a Tab that says RESULTS, click on it, and it will display planetary hour for all the planets, antiscion position of all the planets for your game chart, and all the Moon aspects for this chart.  WOW!
4. Next, click on Tab on right that says DIGNITIES and it will give you all the scores for each planet to show you which planets are strongest, which weakest.
Janus has everything you need, its even better than Solar Fire.  Think I'll start using my Janus for games.
     For further reading you might enjoy "Sports Predicting By Horary" by clicking on       http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=5059.0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:09:15 AM by Halina »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »
Hi Halina,

Thanks once more. Yes, I am really sorry if I have got too many questions, but beginners can rarely "speak" with such experts like you. You have touched the topic of soccer prediction by antiscias and I just became curious and I would have liked to know only some words about the main core of this system.
I have been using Janus only for some months and to tell you the truth I did not have the time to check every functions, but thanks for helping me a lot.
I am eager to read the discussion forum you have mentioned to me.

Kindest regards,
Moonlight

Offline Halina

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 01:03:50 PM »
Thank you for your kind words and admiration.  For that you deserve a couple antiscia examples.   The World Cup Final, Brazil regarded as  all too certain to beat France.  Venus, Lord 4, has its antiscia at 8Cancer13, just inside the 7th House.  The antiscia of Part of Fortune falls at 12Taurus 44, just inside the 4th House.
Your computer will not show this on the chart.  What I do is print the chart and with pen, place all the antiscia on the chart, so that I can see which fall on angles and which aspect the Moon.   Here in this example the 7th House  and the 4th House belong to underdog France.  This  is powerful testimony that underdog France would win.  They won 3-0.   For next example, see next  post.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:35:48 PM by Halina »