Author Topic: Jeff Green's book Neptune - whispers from eternity  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Jeff Green's book Neptune - whispers from eternity
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:35:09 PM »
Hello readers:

Has anyone read this new book by Jeffrey Green on Neptune and the 12th house, etc., and would care to share a review on it here?

I don't see why it needs to be so expensive ($33), except that maybe it took him years to write it (?).

Barbara Ybarra

robynne

Re: Jeff Green's book Neptune - whispers from eternity
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »
Thanks Barbara,

I didn't know he had written a book on Neptune, I have a feeling that is one I would like to read, and will be worth the investment. Ta!

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
Just saw that the Evolutionary School of Astrology is selling it for $27.00 as an e-book or pdf file or some such thing….and $44.00 in print.  I don't think this is a new edition of an old book (but I could be wrong); I think since it is "edited" by a Linda Jonson and the Evolutionary School, it might be a compilation of previously written notes or words recorded in classes or interviews, etc.…which is not especially honest since it smacks of what might be done if someone were …passed on…which I have been told is not the case.  Jeffrey Green is alive if not well.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows the scoop.  I recently heard a talk by astrologer Maurice Fernandez who comes from this "evolutionary" branch of astrology, and he was speaking on this very same thing: Neptune, Pisces and the 12th house.  He also has a book out on it for $26.00 in print.  His talk was nice, and he had some good examples to share, but I don't think it was anything new. 
It's not that I know everything, because I certainly don't, but I hate to spend money on something that I already understand or have thought about a lot.  You know what I mean.  If Jeff Green has spent years now in seclusion and has come up with some extraordinary, really tripy big insights, then I want to know about them.  Otherwise…phtt.

Offline treemarie.x@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »
Barbara,

I haven't read the new book by Jeffrey Wolf Green but I do have a copy of Maurice Fernandez' book on Neptune.  Jeffrey wrote the forward in that book and here is a paragraph germane to your question:  

"Today Maurice finds himself lecturing in many countries because of his tremendous ability.  Now we have this remarkable new book on Neptune that details this archetype in truly unique and pioneering ways.  It is an exceptional piece written on Evolutionary Astrology.  I highly recommend this pioneering work by Maurice Fernandez whom I consider to be a true Soul brother."

Now, I didn't say the paragraph would offer any definitive clarification ;), but...you did say the talk you heard by Fernandez didn't seem to offer anything new.  I'm going [to try] to attach the Table of Content from the book which will allow readers to at least peruse the subject matter content with an eye toward what's unique and pioneering.  As far as I myself have been able to discern, the unique part of it is a few pages at the end of Chapter Two, "Neptune and the Nodal Axis of the Moon," which I gather from having read Jeffrey's book on Pluto is integral to the teachings of his School of Evolutionary Astrology.  Perhaps someone else will spot something I didn't.  

Aside from that, it's interesting to read "The Transit of Neptune through Pisces" in Chapter Four once again.  I had purchased the book some 7-8 years ago and haven't often pulled it from the shelf, so I can appreciate his "analysis of Neptune's future transit through Pisces [is] based on speculations made relative to what is known today" in a much different way.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:58:23 AM by bluetreemarie »

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:45 AM »
Table of Content - p. 1

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
Table of Content - p. 2

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
Barbara, maybe you're thinking I forgot the question was about the book on Neptune by Jeffrey Wolf Green though I have not.  In typical Pisces rising fashion, I'm saying a whole lot and nothing at the same time--to better allow one to draw connections if they may and make their own conclusions.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:53 AM »
Bluetree, thank you so much for the work you put into your answer, and I appreciate the content pages from Maurice's book…and your take on its freshness.  Funny to me that the section of the book dedicated to Neptune with the Nodes is smallish, and that is the very part that I am interested in.  Jeffrey's first book on Pluto began the whole pioneer work on the Nodes, but that book, too, only had a small part on Pluto with the Nodes. 

Much appreciation.

-Barbara